Break the Stress Habit: 30 Day Contest
Submitted by natasha on Mon, 2011-09-12 21:00
Get back your Ease - stay disease free!
Stress is a habit!
We've all had people tell us to "just relax." But it's much easier said than done. Modern day life is filled with things that cause us stress, emotionally and physically. We are so used to a chronic level of stress that living without it seems odd. Unfortunately, this stress is habit forming. It builds in our body until we hit a breaking point...and we all know what that feels like. We have no choice but to slow down.
Connections between stress, lower immunity and manifestation of the disease is known to us.. Accumulation of stress over time and elevated levels of cortisol signals to the body to stay on constant alarm state wares down the body and besides creating disease make us look old and feel gray.
5 ways to create more Ease in your life:
1) SLEEP BETTER : Relax before sleeping - Short meditation or a massage will relax your body and mind which will help you achieve deeper levels of sleep. Deeper sleep helps us to repair body and feel and look vibrant and energetic. Getting your body to relax naturally is the key. Stay away from anything stimulating before you go to bed. Calm your body by avoiding foods with caffeine or sugar. Calm your mind, avoid stimulation such as TV or emailing.
2) Take time off at least 45 minutes each day to do nothing planned and just play and have fun!
3) Get a massage. Human touch and positive physical pressure releases tension in your body. There are even great tools for self-massage, such as acupressure mats (which combine both acupressure and massage), miracle balls, and many others.
4) Move! One of my favorite ways to relieve stress is to literally shake it out off my body. Get up and dance, go out for a run, or take a mindful nature walk for a half hour. While we are physically active, our mind tends to stay in the present moment, which is a therapeutic method for stress control.
5) Meditate -another way to stay in present moment is through regular meditation practices. Meditation is like a gym for your mind that helps you to be fully present and in the moment which in turn to makes us more resourceful and relaxed. Regular mediation will help you relax your mind and at the same time be in control in order to avoid a build up of stress. It can range from guided imagery to simple breathing exercises and walking meditations. Find one that works for you.